The rainy season brings many changes to the environment. Not only weather changes, humidity levels, mosquito growth, and the spread of bacteria and diseases also increase. Various health problems such as flu, coughing, nasal congestion, and diarrhea are more vulnerable for babies during the rainy season. Now, if you are worried that the first rainy season can disrupt the health and development of your baby, there are some preventative steps you can take. The following 10 tips help keep Mother babies safe from disease disorders during the rainy season:
1. Keep baby clean and dry During the rainy season, your baby still needs to be bathed so that his body is always clean. When bathing, give more attention to areas prone to damp and germs such as the neck, armpit folds, and genital organs. After bathing, immediately dry the little one’s body and do not let the body part wet or damp. This is to prevent germs from sticking to the body.
2. Wear warm and comfortable clothes Wear your little clothes made of good cotton to prevent excess moisture from causing mold to grow. However, don’t forget to always provide a jacket to keep your child warm when the weather suddenly gets cold.
3. Avoid mosquito bites In this rainy season, dengue fever is endemic in several regions in Indonesia. Therefore, to prevent your child from the disease, you can try to wear clothes and trousers, apply mosquito repellent lotion that is safe for babies, and install mosquito nets on his bed.
4. Keep away from people who are sick Avoid your little one from people who are suffering from flu or other infections. During the rainy season, viruses easily spread and transmit disease.
5. Avoid crowded places Places like malls or markets are very risky to become a place of disease transmission. Therefore, avoid bringing your little one to these crowded places.
6. Frequently wash the hands of the mother and the little mother still nursing the little one? Nursing mothers are advised to always wash their hands before feeding the baby. In addition, you also have to wash your hands with soap after changing diapers, before preparing your baby’s food, and after leaving from outside. Meanwhile, your child must wash his hands after playing and before eating.
7. Use cooking water to drink Make sure you use boiled water to drink your baby and brew the milk. Drinking water that is not properly cooked is very risky to cause diarrhea.
8. Wash fruits and vegetables properly Eating fruits and vegetables is also good for increasing the endurance of nursing mothers and babies during the rainy season. In order for fruits and vegetables to be free of bacteria and germs, soak with one teaspoon of salt then rinse with running water.
9. Avoid the first rain The rain that falls at the beginning of the season tends to contain acid which can damage the softness of your baby’s skin. Therefore, keep your little one from staying in the house, Mother.
10. Take care of the cleanliness of the house and the environment Routine mopping the floor of the house and cleaning up puddles that can be a nest of mosquitoes around the house is one simple effort that you can do to prevent the spread of germs and diseases in the rainy season.
When you and your baby stay healthy, the rainy season will certainly feel more pleasant. So, for the sake of baby’s health and development, don’t be lazy to do it, Mother. Everything is done for the sake of the little one to stay healthy and cheerful.